Coffee Is The Most Popular Drink Worldwide With Around Two Billion Cups Consumed Every Day.
- In the UK, we now drink approximately 98 million cups of coffee per day
- For an average cup of coffee consumed in the UK, up to 76% of its value is estimated to be produced in the UK
- The coffee industry creates over 210,000 UK jobs
- The Gross Value-Added contribution from the UK coffee industry to the economy is estimated to be £9.1 billion, whilst output contribution, including indirect and induced multiplier impacts, of £17.7 billion in 2017
- 80% of UK households buy instant coffee for in-home consumption, particularly those aged 65 and older
- Ground coffee and single-serve coffee pods are becoming increasingly popular, particularly amongst millennials (aged 16 – 34) who account for 16% of all buyers
- On the high street, café culture has also continued to boom, 80% of people who visit coffee shops do so at least once a week, whilst 16% of us visit on a daily basis